Monday 13 October 2014

Conference weekend

Conference Feast

The day began as all Saturday should begin...a pile up on mom and dad's bed! That is quite a pile up with 7 people!

As is tradition, we prepared for our conference feast, everyone bustling about to do their part;  Lily preparing everyone's baskets with goodies; Brett cleaning up the lego so we could walk in the room; Mom fiddling with the TV to get conference working; Peter toddling; Mike giving everyone time updates "10 minutes!"; Gabriella playing the piano up to the last minute; Sophia skipping around with her "bingo sheets".

Wonderful messages from Conference.  Some that stood out to me were about the need for me to be engaged in the savior's work.  I took that to mean that I could attend to the needs of others more - both temporal needs and spiritual needs.  I have been given callings within our ward that I can strive to put my whole heart into, really caring about the individuals I serve.

Complaining about assignments because of lack of time and lack of skill isn't benefiting me or the people I serve or my family who watches my example.  Gratitude and a willingness to try are always a better choice.

The other message that I need personally is about studying the scriptures and turning my mind more frequently to the things of God.

Between conference sessions I had a great talk with a dear friend who helped me by recounting to me her sons path of learning as he decided that being a musician would be his lifes work.

Steve, Ethan, Lily and Gabriella got together to play their violins and cello.  They are preparing to play a piece in the upcoming play and needed to make a recording.  My dream coming true - collaborative music in my home.  It was awesome!

More conference

Outside to get some fresh air and let Peter roam.

A quick walk with Eve to see the unveiling of Becky's cabin redecorated! Stunning!

Tradition- curry night with the adults (this time at Rachel's) - awesome curry and soul satisfying conversation as we discussed gospel principles from the priesthood session of conference.

SUNDAY

Breakfast at the Verdons - french toast, berries, whipped cream and sugar - YUM!

cub training between sessions of conference at the Creeds - wonderful people.

Lots of hugs and cuddles today from my kiddies - thankfully they haven't grown out of this - I hope it is just a part of our family culture.  Peter just like to bite!  Lily made some hot scones for the afternoon session.

Everyone is running outside to get the ants out of their pants.

Tradition - Sunday Sundaes for the 8 and up kids to discuss their favourite part of conference over a sundae.  Yes, we are fat with all these traditions!!

"Messiah" practice for Gabriella and I tonight.

BED, SWEET BED.

No comments:

Post a Comment